"Gamble with your head not with your heart"
Understanding of Problem Gambling
A visit to any casino and entertainment complex is seen as time for relaxation, enjoyment and socialization. Visitors come to casinos knowing how much money they can afford to spend, and only spend the predetermined amount.
This is the case for the majority of visitors to casinos around the world. However, there is a small portion of people who lose sight of the entertainment value of gaming which could lead to varying levels of addiction to one or more forms of gambling.
Problem gambling is a serious issue and we therefore believe that it is our social responsibility to attempt to identify problem gamblers under a problem gambling program and provide them with the assistance and support to rehabilitate from the various levels of addiction.
What is Problem Gambling?
To address the issues of problem gambling and to create problem gambling programs, we first need to understand what problem gambling is and which individuals can be classified as problem or addictive gamblers.
- Definition of Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is any behavior that is damaging to the individual, the family, the community, the workplace or business.
- Definition of Underage Gambling
Underage gambling is the act of gambling by a person under the legal age to gamble.
Definition of our Responsible Gaming Program
Our responsible gaming program includes any strategy, policy or program instituted by us to proactively address problem gambling and/or underage gambling issues.
Century Casinos' Responsible Gaming Program
Century Casinos and its management team are committed to promoting responsible behavior among our customers and employees and dedicate human and financial resources to educate and build awareness that deters underage and problem gambling at its casinos.
Century Casinos' Policy on Responsible Gaming includes the following measures:
- Century Casinos actively participates in local, provincial, and national programs designated to help alleviate problem gambling.
- Century Casinos provides on-going training programs for employees at all of its gaming operations to assist in identifying problem gamblers.
- Century Casinos works in cooperation with social agencies and governmental authorities on matters related to this issue.
- Century Casinos establishes "Responsible Gaming Committees" at casino properties to manage issues relating to responsible gaming.
- Century Casinos offers voluntary gambling exclusion programs and prohibits all persons enrolled in any self-exclusion program from entering or remaining in the casino facility.
- Century Casinos' Employee and Family Assistance Program provides professional and confidential assessment and treatment referral for employees and their dependants. Century Casinos clearly communicates this benefit to all employees.
- Information brochures and awareness posters on problem gaming are available in our casinos.
Gambling Problem Help Lines
For further information on problem gambling please visit the Gambling Comission or BeGambleAware website . For additional information about local toll free help lines please contact our Responsible Gambling Representatives at your local casino.
For further information on problem gambling please visit the National Council on Problem Gambling's website. For additional information about local toll free help lines please contact our Responsible Gambling Representatives at your local casino.
For further information on problem gambling please visit the GameSense website or additional information about local toll free help lines please contact our Responsible Gambling Representatives at your local casino.